Friday, April 11, 2008

Stepping Off

After 1 week in San Diego and 3 weeks in lovely FT Jackson; our stateside training is complete. In approximately 7 hours we will be departing for Kuwait.

Training was completed Wed morning. After the completion of the training cycle we had our after action brief, which was actually pretty funny. I honestly believe the Navy staff came in to hear about how great they were but instead felt the fury of the first ever dry class. The reason for making our class dry changed approximately four different times during the brief. Finally the LT who was the sacrificial lamb stated that they really do support us and there people work 12 to 14 hours a day. Then to contradict that argument my fellow classmates pointed out that when we leave in the morning the lights are out and when we return in the evening 10 to 12 hours later the lights are out.

The Army staff, however was very helpful. They provided great advice and some of the lessons I learned hear I know will be quite helpful in theater. Honestly, I shot more times in these last couple of weeks than I have in my whole life and I can actually tolerate the body armor for small periods of time.

Anyway I don't have that much to say its been a rather slow, boring couple of days. Time has moved to almost a stand still as I wait for the flight. So with that I bid farewell.

So see you on the flip side America.

P. S.
Don't see Leatherheads that movie sucked. If I ever see George Clooney I am demanding my $6 back.

4 comments:

DG Dunford said...

I believe you mean, "You stay classy, America."

Anyway. Keep it sexy out there, hot stuff.

Anonymous said...

You can paint quite a picture in your writing. You have all the support the Treanor clan musters and are always in our thoughts. Remember to take things one day at a time and know you're very supported. Love, Uncle John and Aunt Mary Jo

Anonymous said...

may your deployment be as boring as your last days at jackson.may your work be productive and beneficial to the people. may you get your ass back asap. this message has been seen and approved by everyone but the pentagon and dod. bopdun
clooney says you should have paid $10 and owe him $4.

Anonymous said...

Clooney owes me 10.50 for Oceans Twelve. I think we should kick his ass.