Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 12 - Camp Victory

Its been an interesting couple of days to say the least. I tried to grow a mustache and failed miserably (no pictures were taken thankfully). The training group of been with for over month broke apart and we each went our separate ways. The six of us actually became quite accustomed to each other since well to put it bluntly we have been living together for a month. So I was actually a little sad to see them off.



A picture of the group taken on our last day at FT Jackson.

Early last week I moved from Camp Virginia to LSA and was turned over to the Army Corps of Engineers. LSA is the hub for the majority of personnel flying into an out of Iraq. To put it bluntly it was actually a reunion of sorts, I ran into 4 different people who I knew from various stages of my military career. None of us had any clue the other was out in this theater of operations we just were wondering around in the dining facility or at the exchange and looked up and surprise a blast from the past. Which leads me to reason number 137 to get out of the military, WE ARE ALL FUCKING OVER HERE!

The onward movement into Iraq was rather interesting we made a tactical landing. Bottom line a tactical landing is a roller coster ride at 3,000 feet. The aircraft made moves I previously did not think were possible in a cargo plane. Bottom line the pilots did a great job landing the plane and even a better job making me except Jesus Christ as my lord and savior.

Camp Victory my current location is an oasis in Baghdad. The base has not been targeted during the latest up tick in violence, which coincidentally seem to occur right as getting ready to come over here, thank you Maqtada Al Sadr for the welcome gift. The food here well I would use the term great but I don't think it gives the food enough justice.

I'm going through the indoc class right now and getting ready for my final movement to my last destination. To put it bluntly it should be a real challenge the office in terms of staff I'll have iabout a third the size of my office back at Earle and we are only doing about 8 times the work (currently we have are responsible for over 60 projects worth roughly $245M), which will look good on the resume.

Anyway here is my address:

LT Ben Dunford
FOB Loyalty
USACE-GRC
APO/AE 09390

As always more to follow.

Ben

P. S.

When it comes to Mike Clarke and his desire to send me sand I have no choice but to take the moral high ground and just shake my head at his comment.

P. S. S.
Mike Clarke smells like poop.

4 comments:

DG Dunford said...

My care package will be leaving soon. It's vodka and Just For Men facial hair dye.

Anonymous said...

I have had enough of your libel! It is an outrage! You should be ashamed of yourself you fartface!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding blog, I never realized how witty you could be... sober.
-Nick
note, the above is grammatically correct.

Anonymous said...

60 projects at 4mil+ per. gao memo from king george 9-12-2001 states that 2% all projects go to offshore account. that leaves the open 8% available for tap in. get the $$ in euros.then be sure to send clarke sand and a camel. glad to see that nick has made an appearance.hopefully, he has read that he's your backup.if we must use potty language on this blog, do it in latin or arabic,please. bopdun